Literary Criticism

This site contains my work during the course of English 300 at Montana State University-Bozeman in the Autumn of 2004.

Name:

I am a senior at Montana State University working for a degree in history with a teaching option and also a minor in English. Currently I am working with the students at Bridger Alternative here in town and I am loving every minute of it. I can't wait to get out into the field and teach.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

An Opinion on Censorship

Censorship can be considered both a good and bad thing. I think it is appropriate for those below a certain age, take the movie ratings for example, I agree with those as a form of censorship. However, I believe that when one is older than the age of 17 they should be able to handle almost any image, etc. I believe that when they see these sorts of grotesque images that it is almost a Catharsis or a "cleansing of emotions". If they see these then as the ideas of Pharmakos go the public would be less likely to act on any of these grotesque notions that may be illustrated in pictures or the movies, etc. Yet again I am not a psychologist, I only call it as I see it from my studies of History and English.

1 Comments:

Blogger duke carravaro said...

The oh so slippery slope.

December 9, 2004 at 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home