Literary Criticism

This site contains my work during the course of English 300 at Montana State University-Bozeman in the Autumn of 2004.

Name:

I am a senior at Montana State University working for a degree in history with a teaching option and also a minor in English. Currently I am working with the students at Bridger Alternative here in town and I am loving every minute of it. I can't wait to get out into the field and teach.

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Rebuttal of the Canon

I personally do not like Canons because books should not be categorized according to the best of anyone's opinion. Besides, if one goes by any Critic's standpoint, each would have their own list of what was best or not. To do this, they would need to use Reader Response and this could never fit everyone's opinion, so to attempt to make a list of the best is ridiculous. I personally would rather walk into the library and just take in the smell of all the books and then go about my berry choosing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home